Saturday, January 31, 2009

Current Mood: Content

So I nearly went to Cork this weekend, but ended up staying in town, and it is surprisingly nice to have the apartment to myself (Everything is clean...I can use all the hot water...life is good!) I went to Farmer's Market this morning and bought some beets which I am going to roast later this week. They were only 50 cents!! It is so much cheaper to buy root vegetables here than anything else. Tortilla chips on the other hand...don't exist. Really. I love wandering around downtown Galway. I went by a music store today and thought of my family!

Anyway, tonight for dinner I was tired of my usual yogurt and pasta diet, so I was looking around in our kitchen (we have quite possibly the most random collection of foods) and realized that I had the ingredients to make cinnamon pancakes. At first I tried to use our grill, but they stuck and burned, and I ended up using our skillet, and they turned out magnificently! Let me just say, there is nothing like cinnamon pancakes and a cup of tea on an overcast evening. I wish you were all here having pancakes and tea with me!!

I am getting excited for my birthday next week, it should be quite a lot of fun. I was originally planning to go to Scotland for my birthday weekend, but I think I am going to go on a date instead ;) I hear that Scotland is mostly cold this time of year anyway, so I think I will end up going in the spring. More soon!

2 comments:

  1. A date huh? Sounds like fun!
    So I have a feeling that your birthday gift is going to be a little late... actually I am pretty much positive about that fact. I am a bum, and am not going to be able to get it out in time... I like to think of it as helping you make your birthday last longer... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Molly! Keep posting, I love reading your blogs, you're such a great writer! :-)

    ReplyDelete