Sunday, January 25, 2009

So I pretty much love Dublin...

I have just returned from our first CEA excursion to the city of Dublin, which was all kinds of epic win and wonder. First of all, it was sunny and lovely, which put everyone in a good mood. Second, we stayed in a fantastic guesthouse in St. Stephen's Green, right across from a beautiful park. After my somewhat dreary apartment, having a huge, light-filled hotel room with as much hot water as I wanted was practically heaven! It also had a blow-dryer in the room, an almost completely foreign tool to me these days (I've been rocking the ever popular "lion's mane" look since I've been here...I think it's going to make a come-back...).

We got to see Dublin Castle, and Christ Church Cathedral, as well as the Guinness Factory. (The coolest part is the atrium at the top; you can see the entire city, and they have James Joyce quotations on the glass that desribe the areas you are seeing). My personal favorite sightseeing experience was at Trinity College, where I saw the Book of Kells, and the Long Room, which was pretty much one of the most gorgeous old libraries I have ever seen. If pictures had been allowed, I would have shown some....but they were strictly forbidden. (Just imagine vaulted ceilings and rows upon rows of old books with those old sliding ladders like in Beauty and the Beast, and you may have a tiny picture...).

Last night we ventured into the Temple Bar district and went to the Porterhouse Pub where there was a fantastic band :), and we had a great time dancing to such classics as "Vertigo" and "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" (For an expanded version of this particular adventure...please e-mail ;) ) We ended up staying awake until 4:30 a.m, but it was totally worth it. It was so much fun to get to know the rest of the CEA people, especially since we are all so incredibly different. I need to get some rest now, since I am exhausted...but still starry-eyed!

2 comments:

  1. i just wanted to say that i really enjoy your little updates. you should go on facebook and see what corinne and rachel sent you - they sent me, amy and merrick one too, you just have to go to their pages to see them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are getting to know your CEA people. I am also very glad that you are having such a good time. Dublin!!

    ReplyDelete