Saturday, January 17, 2009

Epic Weather Adventure!

Last night my friends and I decided that since it's the weekend, and ALL of the Irish kids go home on the weekend, it would be the perfect time to do our laundry, go to Farmer's Market, and maybe explore the town a little more. We agreed to meet at noon and go to breakfast (since for some reason I am hungry like 90 percent of the time here...I think it is because I walk so much, but seriously, I want to eat like ALL the time...) Anyway, it sounded like the perfect plan, right??

Not Right.

Woke up this morning to howling winds, pouring rain, and freezing temperatures...Ahhhh! However, Erin and Maggie and I decided that this was not going to interfere with our breakfast plans (because we be serious about our breakfast here) and it wasn't raining too hard...so we set off. About halfway to town, it starts POURING, and the wind is nearly blowing us off our feet. By the time we get to the restaurant, we look kinda like those guys on "Deadliest Catch" (you know, the ones who spend all their time out on a boat in the middle of a storm, i.e. soaked through, and our hair is all whipped around and crazy). We did have an awesome breakfast (I am so addicted to tea here, it's not even funny), but we ended up taking a cab back because the weather was so miserable. Since I've been back at the apartment, it has rained, winded, and hailed. Yes, hailed.

On the flip side, I went on a crazy cleaning spree and cleaned our apartment, so it is all nice and sparkly clean now...Yay! That's all for now, I am supposed to be reading Ulysses...so I should get a move on cause that book is flipping huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment