Thursday, January 15, 2009

Classes!!!

So today is Thursday, and I have finally begun my classes, which all seem very interesting. I have had Modern and Postmodern Literature (where our lecturer said everything as though it was the most epically important statement ever said...I really liked him) and also Gothic Literature (which is WAY cool), Literature of the American South, and Celtic Mythology, Religion and Folklore. They all seem to be very exciting, but the classes are all so HUGE!! After a class of 15 to 30 people, sitting in a lecture hall of 200 people is quite a change!

There was also a societies fair yesterday that I attended, which was all kinds of fun. Here in Ireland, clubs are called "societies" and sports are referred to as "clubs," which can be a little confusing. I basically signed up for a whole bunch of clubs since they were free to join and I figured that I might as well join as many things as I could. Plus, I really like it when people try to recruit me to their societies. It makes me feel special.

In other news, I am getting quite used to the weather here, which goes from rain to sun to cloudy in about five minutes. I have even gotten over the horror of wearing my stripey sweater with my plaid rainboots. No one really seems to notice anyway. The fashions here are so interesting! People get really dressed up to go out at night, and one of the big fashion is wearing shorts (non-denim ones) with black tights and heels (or boots...oh man I have the worst boot envy here...There are literally hundreds of cute boots everywhere you go!!). It sounds crazy but actually looks really cute! I think that's all...I really need to do laundry....

5 comments:

  1. so your saying me and my rainboots can come over there and fit right in? that would be so cool because i love wearing them but people look at me funny when i'm wearing them in the sunshine :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a friend of Melissa Newby, and she told me about your blog. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I love reading it. I am planning on studying abroad there next fall, so I am soaking up all the information :) It sounds like a really neat place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teresa...you could for sure wear your rainboots and be very stylish!!! I have worn mine pretty much every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also...Hi Bailey! I am glad to hear you are planning on studying at NUIG...it is a really great school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boot envy... Ugh, I shudder at the thought of having to experience such atrocities. You are a brave soul. I think you should start a boot collection... how amazing would that be?

    ReplyDelete