Sunday, January 4, 2009

Leaving...


So...I am sitting here on my bed after weighing my suitcases about fifty times...(I used those totally cool space bag things that suck all the air out of your clothes and I am really amazed by them!!)

I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. Literally. Even though I've talked about the trip multiple times, it still hasn't become a reality. When I actually consider it, all I really know about Ireland I've basically gleaned from watching "Waking Ned Devine" and "The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns."

For those of you who don't know, "The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns" is this totally awesome movie which features Whoopi Goldberg as the "Grand Banshee." Also some butter spirits. In fact, here is a picture of one of the fairies from the movie (it is Roger Daltry...from The Who) I know...run, don't walk to your local Video Palace and pick up this classic!

So that's all. I have no idea what to expect when I fly halfway around the world tomorrow, not knowing a soul...with my bag of trek mix. However, I did find this excellent quotation by Helen Keller that says "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Well said Helen, well said.

2 comments:

  1. Although, I mean, for her that would be true of a walk to the mailbox.

    I'm so excited for you Molly! Keep us updated on your leprechaun sightings! I'll wave at you as I fly over to Italy, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corinne and Justine say HI!! and we already miss you :(

    Hope you're having a splendid time so far!

    slán!

    (that's bye in Gaelic...hehe)

    ReplyDelete