Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Most Excellent Day

So the reason I have been absent for the past few days is because I have pretty much been living in the library of NUIG...a horrible soulless place with no nooks and only long tables, sweaty people, and if you arrive after 8:30am, there is pretty much no chance of getting a computer plug...anyway, I have been writing my final essays, and am now 3 for 5...yay!!

Back to my excellent day. I finished an essay this morning (Literature of the American South) and with a glow of accomplishment, decided to visit my friend Melanie. Melanie was in dire straits, however, and needed someone to help cohost her indie/folk radio show. I'd never hosted a radio show before, but it was a fun experience...and I kinda want CBU to have a radio station so I can become a radio DJ! Then Sheila and I cleaned our apartment, for reals. We mopped and reorganized and made everything super-beautiful. Which meant it was time for me to make a cake for my roommates!

On another note, I went on a CEA excursion last weekend to the Aran Islands. At first it was fun...we took an amazing bike ride along the coast and saw the cliffs, which were incredible! Then after a little mixup at dinner (during which our group director was telling us what we reminded him of, and he informed me that I looked like a mafia wife and would marry a "psycho cokehead." Others in our group were "cute gremlins" and "the victim in silence of the lambs," just to give you an idea). We decided to go out for awhile.

After some CEA bonding time, we planned to leave the next day on the noon ferry since we all had to get back for various tests and papers. However, while at the pub on the island, we were informed that there was no noon ferry, only an 8am and a 5pm. When we call our group director, he says "I know." We all end up having to get up at 7 am to get the early ferry. Luckily, it is also the day of the time change, so it is really 6am. It is also pouring rain. We manage to convince our director to get us breakfast once we get back to Galway, since we missed the hotel breakfast and we also missed showers. Our director leaves us to find our way back to our apartments. Needless to say, I don't get any studying done. However, the first day was fun, so the Aran Islands do have merit...

So, it is late, and I still have two more papers (on Clockwork Orange and Modern Irish Drama, respectively) so I've gotta sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I think every day in Ireland sounds like a Most Excellent Day. :] Except maybe when you had the mumps. That was not Most Excellent.

    ReplyDelete