Thursday, April 30, 2009

A singer in a smoky room...

So last night was one of my friend's last night in Ireland, so we went out to give her a going away party. I did not know this, but Wednesday nights are apparently classic rock nights, since everywhere we went, they played the most excellent music.

Case and Point: one place, we walked and they are playing "piano man," complete with harmonica (while this is not necessarily "most excellent music" per se...we are getting there)
then, another place, it was eighties night, and we got to dance not only to MC Hammer, but also Wham! and Oh! What a Night (which are two of my favorite songs!) Then the last place we went they had an eighties cover band (complete with a guitarist who looked just like Ron Weasley) and they totally played "Don't Stop Believin'" and there was one of those moments where every person was on the dance floor, singing along, united in the gloriousness that is a Journey powerballad. (Unfortunately though the guitarist couldn't play the solo, but it was the thought that counted). My friend and I had totally been talking about that song earlier cause we had heard someone playing it and she mentioned that it was awesome, and I agreed.

Anyway, I digress. The main reason for this post is because I am re-posting some of our family trip photos, including some never before seen shots of my father driving on the left side of the road.

Here is the link: http://www3.snapfish.ie/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=413258010/a=158696412_158696412/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment