Thursday, April 9, 2009

Break!

So for all intents and purposes, I am finished with school (except for 2 finals which occur on the 23rd and 28th of April, respectively) so I have been detoxing from too much caffeine and essay writing as well as planning trips and excursions for the remainder of my time here. One month seems so short!

One of my friends and I are planning a week-long trip to Germany and Prague. She speaks German, so that will be handy. We are planning to go to Bavaria to see castles, and also the Berlin zoo. We are kind of ridiculously excited about the zoo. I am also planning on going camping with some friends when my lease runs out and they kick me out of my apartment.

Last night, I celebrated Seder for the first time with some of my Jewish friends. It was pretty fun; we ate latkes and I tried chicken liver (which was actually pretty good). Nice time hanging with friends, and it is always a fun experiencing traditions different from your own.

Speaking of traditions, I am excited to see what Easter will be like here. I have a feeling it will be geared a lot more toward religious celebration than it is in America...Although Tesco has been selling very large chocolate eggs...my family is coming to visit me (yay!) and we are going to be in Dublin for the holiday, and apparently there is going to be a Messiah festival...so hopefully we can catch that!

Anyway, I am going to make a cup of tea and read some Women in Love by the fantastically verbose DH Lawrence (I love that I have time to finish all those books I meant to finish during the semester!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment