Monday, December 14, 2009

All mimsy were the borogoves

I have a confession. Today I went to Sur la Table to buy my mother a Christmas present. As always, I was charmed by the vast array of kitchen supplies that clearly I DESPERATELY need. Four types of whisks? Yes. I need them.

Anyway, as Sur la Table is right across from Anthropologie, I thought, why not pop in for a bit?

Mistake.

I forget sometimes that I don't really have any money, but I like clothes that rich people wear. I knew the minute I tried on this lovely striped top that I was doomed. It's just hard sometimes to strike that balance between looking cute and not spending $68 on a stripey shirt. Ugh. I hate fashion. Let's all just wear paper bags.

On another (completely unrelated) note, seeing how my blog's title was inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I thought I would talk a bit about the "Alice" miniseries I watched on Syfy yesterday. OMG. It was brilliant! It reminded me of "TinMan" and "Tenth Kingdom" and was all awesomeness and full of love plus Andrew Lee Potts who I love from Primeval. Also, it has that guy from Magical Legend of the Leprehchauns...so it's pretty much guaranteed to be good.

Also, made spice cupcakes the other day. Turned out good, but a little hefty. The frosting was good though...I think I have the hang of making caramel syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment