Friday, November 27, 2009

The turkey is really just an accessory...

I am starting to think Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday. I do love christmas, this is true, but Thanksgiving manages to combine two wonderful things: family and food. Also, there really isn't a way to commercialize Thanksgiving (notice how we skip from Halloween to Christmas?) Thanksgiving is one of the only holidays where you actually talk about how grateful you are for what you have already, instead of talking about things you want. Plus, HELLOOOOO....pie? Pie is just great. Always.

SO...in homage to a lovely holiday, here are my favorite things about 2009 Thanksgiving
1. Cooking with my mother- I love this. I even took pictures.
2. Family walks- Mom, Dad, Me, Jackson and Thumpy (Haley is sadly in Nashville, but it is most of the family!)
3. Singing along with Dad while he plays the guitar.
4. Homeade whipped cream- seriously, this is good ALL THE TIME. it is better than ice cream. fo' sho'
5. Discussing politics and the economy with my parents and grandparents.- Three generations...we have the best discussions...Also, my grandpa's story about training his brother to fight Fat Schwartz...hahahaha.

So. I say up with Thanksgiving and Down with Materialism. Cause seriously, does anyone NEED to be at JC Penney at 4am??

3 comments:

  1. Preach on sista'. Preach on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Molly. So true. And yes, in many ways the Turkey really is just a glorified side-dish... except this year was the best turkey I have ever tasted. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have reached the same conclusion this year! Unfortunately, the sound of those Christmas melodies pulled me back into their power as of Friday afternoon...

    ReplyDelete