Saturday, February 28, 2009

On Writing...

Do you ever have one of those times where you are just coasting along, doing laundry in the rain, eating deliciously addictive Crunchy Nut cereal, checking your e-mail...and then all of a sudden you receive an e-mail reminding you to turn in your paper on Tuesday? (This is, of course, the paper that you thought was due in APRIL, and is supposed to be written about Ulysses, a humongous novel that you have not actually finished yet.)

Panic, my friends, pure and unadulterated panic.

So, I have been frantically gathering resources about the linguistically and stylistically creative Mr. Joyce...and will most likely be a hermit until noon on Tuesday...whereupon I will emerge, like a butterfly. Ahhh...the college life.

I have actually missed this kind of work, to be completely honest. All of my other classes have an essay due at the end of the class (and they are all only 1200 to 1500 words...so not bad) or an exam, and so other than that, I only have to read about the Dagda eating porridge, or listen to my professors sing to us in Irish, or practice my Irish language class, or toss around literary slang with my friends. So, as ashamed as I am to admit it, the frantic "write a paper in 3 days and finish roughly 500 pages as well as share a somewhat meaningful insight on Molly Bloom's soliloquy" feeling is a little invigorating!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!!Put the pedal to the metal or pen to paper, or, or..word document to professor! Write on!

    ReplyDelete