Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Goin' to the Ceili

This week is Muscailt at my school, which is basically a week dedicated to plays, music, films and concerts (i.e. week of AWESOME). On Monday, I went to a Ceili, (said Kay-lee) which is like a traditional Irish music and dance party. I was lucky, since I got to dance with one of the guys who does Irish dancing as a hobby and he knew exactly what he was doing! It was quite fun. For those on the Central Coast, my Civil War Ball dance skills came in handy, since we did one of the dances I learned (The Waves of Tory) only it was way faster (so much fun faster!!) and more twirly! Who knew my mad skillz would serve me so well?

Then last night, I went to Battle of the Band, which featured band like "Pelican was Taken" (Taken where??) and Savage Henry. Bless their little hearts. I think Haley would have a real chance at making it big here, since some of the guitar stuff was..interesting (But I'm not really a fan of the "I paint my nails crimson with the blood of lovers past" kind of stuff...) One of the guys had a nice Ibenez though. It was pretty fun though, and I'm glad I went.

Personally, those of you who know me know that I'm really looking forward to the LOTR triathalon on Friday (you know you're jealous...). I actually don't think I can go for all three...but I am probably going to see the Two Towers. Thursday is also my roommate's birthday, and we are making her a fajita dinner, and maybe going to hear a band...so that should be fun. No Valentine's day plans as of yet, although I am hearing rumors about a dessert night (just what I need...but I get to dress up!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment